Thursday 16 December 2010

WEEK 2








Above is my mood board, in this I collected a series of pictures that I thought linked to the idea of 'sexy' and 'cinderella'. The picture on the top left represents the traditional and original idea and story of cinderella, in this disney production. On the bottom left is a picture of Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella 1998, this version of Cinderella is post modern in the sense that it is comical and the cast is multicultural which is a backlash against the traditional conventions of the original production which had an all white cast. I put in a picture of a clock striking twelve and a picture of a city at night which links to the idea of Cinderella trying to get home before the clock strikes twelve. As the Genre of the music video is R'n'B I placed pictures of half naked men and women in my story board because in most videos today men and women are seen as sexual objects. At the bottom right there is a picture of a man chasing a woman this goes with the idea of the prince chasing Cinderella. I did some research to find out what my target audience would be and what type cd cover and posters they would like so that I could make my main task and two ancillary's appealing to the right crowd. Below is a picture of the questionnaire that I created and the results I came out with and the results.


From these results I learnt that my target audience would be young people male and female between the ages of 18-25. They would be a crowd that prefer R'n'B especially, the would be the crowd that prefers to buy albums rather than down load the music from the internet. They would prefer a music video that consisted of love, comedy and drama instead of a music video that contained violence. My target audience would be a crowd of people who liked buying posters. For an album cover they preferred one that had animated pictures and had a variety of pictures and colours. My target audience usually watched their music videos on tv rather than watching them on the internet. Lastly they preferred posters that showed the artist posing which promotes their album and that is very colourful. These results gave me a good idea on how I would creae my main task which would appeal to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment