Thursday 16 December 2010

WEEK 3

My planning and research came from looking at current R'n'B video's on Youtube. I looked at current music videos and music videos from the last five years and compared them. From this I decided that I wanted a modern and youthful video which contrasted an old song from the last five years.
I decided to use the same narrative as 'Bittersweet sympthony' where we see the protagonist getting a reaction from people passing by. I wanted to create a music video which linked to the theme of our exam which is post modern media. In doing this I decided to create this character called Cinderella who started off as this glamourous women walking through Camden Market.
As Cinderella walks through the market, it would be shot by using a 'point of view' shot. This way the reactions to her would be seen through her eyes, whilst she is walking she starts to have a wardrobe malfunction. Her dress rips, heels breaks and by the end of the music video she gets water splashed on her by a car that drives past.

My main aim was to produce a music video that mocked the original cinderella story. I started to research the Cinderella story and I looked at Disney's Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella 1998. This music video is different from the original because the director used a multicultrual cast to promote diversity. It creates a comic theme and that is what I wanted to create in my music video.



My so called Cinderella would not be humble and calm she would be snobby and proud who ends up going from being glamourous to being hideous. I decided to use panning from a low shot to a mid shot to a close up of Cinderella's face instead of using and establishing shot just so that it would add suspense to the music video. I wanted the audience to be eager to find out who this mysterious women was.

I sat down with a class mate and asked her for her opinion and she said that my concept was good but it would be vy difficult to try and film a music video in a busy market becaue there wouldn't be enough space. I took her feed back into account and decided to go to Camden and check it for myself, it was too crowded and so I decided change my idea yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment