Sunday 10 April 2011

WEEK 14

These were the original pictures.
This is what the combined two looked like.
In this week I started to put my album cover and booklet together. In order to create an animated image I had to got to Adobe Illustrator and import my imagine into it. For the album cover I decided to use Kanye West's body and cut and paste the head of my male character onto it. Once again I used an online tutorial which allowed me to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator however this time it was on Youtube.
The media products I used were:

Adobe Indesign

Adobe Illustrator

Wacom tablet

Here are the steps I followed in order to create my animated product:
1. I imported my images from 'my pictures' and into Adobe Illustrator and cut off the head of my protagonist and placed it on top of Kaye West's body.
2. I made a new layer and deleted the original images.
3. In the tool properties I clicked on the pencil tool (using the Wacom tablet) and used it to draw around the imported image to make sure that all the gaps were filled in.
4.I coloured my image with the paint bucket tool.
5. I made a new layer and imported a picture of roses.
6.In the tool properties I clicked on the pencil tool (using the Wacom tablet) and used it to draw around the imported image to make sure that all the gaps were filled in.
7. Imported another picture that I found in google called 'city night life' I wanted to use this in my CD cover background and also in my booklet and for my back cover.
8.I traced over it with the pencil tool (using the Wacom tablet).
9.I deleted the original image so that I could use my hand drawn image.
10. I used the opacity tool to lower the depth of the image so that it could look see through.
11. I imported my images into Indesign.

Above is the original image and below is the final product.
I opened up the 8 page CD booklet that I downloaded from moodle which was an Indesign document. I then I created a new layer for all the boxes and filled them in with the paint tool bar. I chose purple for the back ground because it is a vibrant colour that symbolises royalty. I felt that this was good because the name of my artist was called 'Prince'. I then created a new layer and put my images in it. I then when back to Illustrator to create the title.
12. opened a new layer and went to the type tool and typed in 'Sexy Cinderella'
13. I opened a new layer and traced over the text using the pencil tool (Wacom tablet) and deleted the original text.
14. I went to stroke and increased the point to make it bold and changed the out line colour to orange and filled the text in white.

Tool bar.



In Adobe Illustrator I created various shapes such as rectangles and coloured them in, in a darker shade of purple. I created the back ground swirls using the spiral tool. I then went to the brush panel and changed the texture of the spirals. I played with the opacity panel and lowered it it so that it looked see through. I then put them all together in my Indesign template. I then went onto google and got a parental advisory image and place it onto my front cover. The back page was very plain and easy to do. I simply put my handrawn picture on it and at the bottom I used the text tool to write a few sentences about the record labels.
I went on to complete the third and forth pages. I had to go back to Illustrator because both of these pages had hand drawn images on them.
15. I imported a picture from 'My pictures'.
16. I made a new layer and deleted the original images.
17. In the tool properties I clicked on the pencil tool (using the Wacom tablet) and used it to draw around the imported image to make sure that all the gaps were filled in.




18.I coloured my image with the paint bucket tool.


I then opened up a new layer and applied the text boxes into the pages. I used the font called Zapfino for the title of the tracks and Ariel bold for the information of the track and then fiddle with the positions of the tracks until I was satisfied. I was also able to complete the next 2 pages because they were mainly font based. I put the lilac spirals ontop of the purple back ground and the font on top.





The combination of my main production and my ancillary text is effective because they are both post modern. My CD booklet links to the cartoon/ fairy tale part of the Cinderella theme but I tried to make it look as r'n'b related as possible so that it still linked to my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment