Thursday 7 April 2011

WEEK 9


These two weeks were for post-production: introduction to video-editing or re-drafting layouts. I continued to use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to edit my product. I had learnt how to do over lay edits although I did not use it. I also downloaded 'Sexy Cinderella' by Lynden David Hall and put it in my time line underneath my clips. By putting the music in I was able to arrange my clips in a way that there was still ambient sounds underneath the music. I am still editing footage that I had saved as 'Cinderella 1', I did this by double clicking on it in my project folder so that it came up on the source monitor and trimming it before I inserted it into my time line. I played the footage and used the inpoint and out point tool to trim the part that I wanted to keep and then I dragged it into my time line. Above is a picture of one of the shots I did out side of Mc Donalds just so that my target audience could see where the characters were.
Here is what my timeline looked like as I started to put my clips from 'Cinderella 1' into it. By using the imput and output tools I was able to get bit and pieces from 'Cinderella 1' and play around with them until I was satisfied. I then started to edit the first obsatcle that gets into the protagonists way. I found this very difficult because my hands were very shakey and the characters and the people I used as props (random people doing their shopping) were walking too fast. I was only able to get a few shots that looked good enough to be trimmed and put into my timeline. I used a mid shot of the main male character telling the NHS man that he doesn't want to sign up. I then moved on to edit the part before that which is when the main male character walks into Mc Donalds to meet his friends.
My time line had started to develop allowing me to see what my music video looked like sor far. When I asked for feedback from a peer he said that the beginning of the video looked good so far but I just need to use tighter shots and maybe add in some special effects. I think that the special effects will be used nearer to the end of the production stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment