Thursday 7 April 2011

WEEK 8

This week I finally finished shooting my music video, however there was a slight problem. My male character forgot to wear the right clothing, instead of wearing the clothes he started off with he wore a different jacket, t shirt and he was not wearing a scarf or gloves. I started to panic because I realised that there would be a continuity problem in my music video. I then came up with the idea of creating a scene in the middle of my music video where the protagonists friends called him to ask about his progress and the protagonist r it isn't going to well and that he has to change his clothing because sone spilt something on his top etc. This would then solve the continuity problem and the audience would not think that my video doesn't make sense.
I also filmed my 'Cinderella' character, I placed her in a red dress, heels and made sure she had long hair in. In links to the idea of the 'male gaze' and how men are drawn and how men are drawn into a lustful frenzy because a women's appearance. Cinderella plays a minor role but she is very significant to the story and music video. Filming her was easy because all she really had to do was walk around the shopping centre and finally enter the elevator where we see the protagonist running up an escalator to get to her. Cinderella then goes into the elevator and closes on the protagonist.
This week I started editting in the production room, here I uploaded all of my tapes onto the computer. I forgot to strip my tapes before recording so this took a while. The programme I am using to create my producting by editing is Adobe Pro Premiere 1.5. This is my first time using it so it took me a while to figure out how to cut shots from the original tape and edit them.
The format of the programme looked like this:

Adobe Premiere is a video design and creation software suite used to create web videos, DVD movies, and more. Use this package to create animations, add or edit audio, use special effects, and more.
I watched a tutorial on the interenet by going on to http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-premiere-pro-cs4/ although I'm not using Adobe Premiere pro CS4 this tutorial was very helpful because the layout of software was still the same.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs4/getting-started-03-capturing-video-from-tape/from thisI learnt how to capture board shots and save them. By recording and saving my shots I was able to gain a number of recordings that I could use for editting.
I then watched another tutorial which taught me how to up clips onto a timeline which would fit all of my clips together to create my final product. I started off editing footage that I had saved as 'Cinderella 1', I did this by double clicking on it in my project folder so that it came up on the source monitor and trimming it before I inserted it into my time line. I played the footage and used the inpoint and out point tool to trim the part that I wanted to keep and then I dragged it into my time line. My opening scene was now put together, here you see the two boys sitting in the shop window insulting girls.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs4/getting-started-06-editing-your-video/

This is what Adobe premiere pro 1.5 looked like when I was trying to cut clips to put in my timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment