Sunday 10 April 2011

WEEK 15





This week I managed to finish the last two pages of my cd booklet and also finish the back cover it too. The last two pages I put together contained 3 text boxes on one page and an image and two more texts boxes on the other. I followed the same steps from week 14 and was able to create an illustrated product that I later on used. The picture above was the original picture before I illustrated it. I changed the gilrs clothing by putting her in a red dress just like Cinderella and taking away her hood and replacing it with long black hair. This links to my main product because they are doing a sexy pose which is found in most r'n'b covers or booklets. Most male r'n'b artists are seen with sexy women.




I copied the writing on the back cover from Nas's 'Nastrodamous' album. I then put record label trademarks on the back that I was familar with.


By adding the record labels onto the back, it made my media product look more realistic. From audience feedback I learnt that my product looked very colourful and even though it was animated it was still suitable for my 18-25 target audience.

I then moved onto creating my cd back cover using the template that I had downloaded from moodle. This task was quite easy because I was very skilled in using the Wacom tablet for illustrating  and creating new images with it too. For my back cover I wanted to fill up most of the space but still make it look simple. I descided to create a handrawn picture of the artist and put the list of the tracks next to him and have a small paragraph of the legal rights and images of the record labels on it too. I used the same purple background as the cd booklet and then put my handrawn image on top. I then went back to Adobe Illustrator and created a handrawn image of the artist. I filled in the artist clothing with purple and blue to keep the purple theme going. I put the barcode at the top of the back of the cover and then on the side margins I put the name of the artist and the name of the album on it. I used the same font that I used on the album cover and within the cd booklet which was Ariel bold and Rosewood std.

No comments:

Post a Comment