Sunday 10 April 2011

WEEK 18 and 19

In these two weeks I was back to using Adobe Illustrator but this time I used Adobe photoshop to create my media product. I followed the simple steps that I used in week 14 and week 15.
1. I imported my images from 'my pictures' and into Adobe Illustrator
2. I made a new layer and deleted the original images.
3. In the tool properties I clicked on the pencil tool (using the Wacom tablet) and used it to draw around the imported image to make sure that all the gaps were filled in.
4.I coloured my image with the paint bucket tool.
5. I went to Adobe photoshop and created a new page and made it an A3 page.
6. I chose a lilac colour for the back ground (making a new layer for this first)
7. I created a new layer and imported an illustrated picture that I had created before and placed it on the right hand side.
8. I made a new layer and placed to rectangles on the poster, making one verticle but a bit diagonal and making one verticle. I then used the paint bucket tool to fiil them in with a darker shade of purple.
9. I made a new layer and then I imported the swirls that I had created earlier, placing them all of the page.

10. I then Imported the image that i had recently illustrated, but before that I put sunglases on my artist so that there was a link between that and my cd cover.
11. Imported a glass slipper into Illustrator and used the penvcil tool to draw around it. I then deleted the original.
12. Imported that picture into photoshop and put it on the right hand side next to the picture of the artist.
13. I then created a new layer and opend a text box onto the verticle rectangle on the left hand side. In that I wrote the artists name 'Prince' in it using the same font as the album cover which was Rosewood std.
14. created a new layer and made a new text box for the release date for the album. Once again I used Rosewood std.
15. I created a new layer and imported my hand writted 'Sexy Cinderela' title that I made for my album cover.

From my audience feeback I learnt that my poster was very plain and needed a bit more work but it was good because I had used a range of media programmes in order to create this media product. They liked the idea that I incorperated a glass slipper which linked back to the original story. I just needed to add more the this in order to improve it for example give the artists shirt more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment