Wednesday 6 April 2011

Week 6

This week I went back to Croydon to shoot the beginning scene of my music video where we find to boys sitting in Mc Donalds, insulting girls that are passing by through the window. This scene took me an hour to film because I wanted to make sure that I had used a range of shots so that I could play around with them when I begin to edit.

However instead of using the Canon video camera and tripod I used a Canon DC19 camcorder instead because I had watched ThomasVinterberg's 'Festen' (1998). Vinterberg created a 'Dogme 95 manifesto' which were rules to create filmmaking based on the traditional values of story, acting and theme, and excluding the use of elaborate special effects or technology. 'Festen' was filmed entirely with a hand held camera it had no special effects and it looked very cheap and low budgeted. But despite all of that the movie was a success and I decided that I wanted to follow parts of Vinterberg's manifesto and use a hand held camera to film my whole video.


After I had filmed the two boys in Mc Donalds, I filmed the protagonist walking into Mc Donalds to meet his friends. Once again I used a range of shots such as mid shots, panning from left to right and so on. This was done so that I had a range of shots to fiddle with when I had finished filming nd started to edit. At first I found it very difficult to use that camcorder because my hands were very shakey but after a while I had got used to it.
For props I made sure that the boys were dressed very casual, in hoodies and jeans so that the target audience could relate to the music video. I felt that they would be attracted to the characters because they were dressed how the audience would dress. In terms of the Mise-en-scene I wanted the props to symbolise the characters emotions or relate to the plot of the music video. I decided to put Cinderella in a Red dress to symbolise lust, power, danger etc. This is beacause the main male character is lusting over her and I wanted it to be known to the audience. The boy that sists on the left hand side is wearing a green hoody which represent envy. The main male character is envious of his friends food. You can say that my music has the elemnts of the seven deadly sins for example gluttony is linked to the main characters urge for food. This week I filmed all of the obstacles, the second obstacle involved the protagonist bumping into an old friend who wanted to catch up but he sees 'cinderella' walking off into the distance and quickly tells her that he has to go. The chase then proceeds but once again his quest is interupted when he bumps into a boy and his girlfriend. They get into a little dispute and the boy and his girlfriend walk off. Sadly my battery died so I could not carry on after this and so I have to finish next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment